Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Books, books, and more books

Books have been my life as of recent. Immediately after launching this blog page I started a Seminary class that ended up taking over my life with reading, papers, and a presentation on teaching the family. While it was a great class I am happy that I can go back to normal life again. Looking back I really should have launched this page after the class so that I would have started off with frequent consistency.


The class that I took was different than any other college course I have taken in the past. This one was a module and consisted of pre-residency reading and assignments, followed by a week long set of classes from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m.. And now I am finishing my post-residency paper. I am always wanting to go back to school and continue with education, but I have a hard time with due dates and assignments. I wish I could just read and show up to class and discuss. This is my ideal version of education.

I finally got Portal 2 a week and a half ago. Portal 2 is by far the greatest puzzle video game ever made. While I was attending my week long class I used this as a reward when I got home and finished homework. Its filled with constant puzzles that consist of your character lost in a room with portal guns needing to use your portals to get out of the room and advance to the next room (more exciting than it sounds). I finished all of the rooms and am now escaping from the test center. I thought I had beaten the game, but then realized there is still a third left, which is for the better. More game equals more fun. I also had a chance to play the online multi-player mode which is also a blast. My wife even enjoys this game and she rarely plays XBOX 360, she usually keeps grounded to the Wii. I highly recommend this game to anybody who enjoys video games.

Back to the topic of books I must say I love books. I love reading. I just love getting to choose the reading that I do. I am currently building a summer reading list that I will start on June 22nd - Sept 21st. So far the list includes:

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Tolkien
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
The Pastor - Eugene Peterson
Walt Disney - Bob Thomas
Almost Christian - Kendra Dean

And of course other reading for work.

If you have other suggestions feel free to leave a comment.

One last thing: It is my goal to post on a Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule from now on.

-KMK

3 comments:

  1. The Poisonwood Bible (Kingsolver) for fiction; Generous Justice (Keller) for non-fiction. I need you to help me make my blog look as awesome as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina - Thanks!

    Nate Dawg - Thanks for the great suggestions. If you need help with your blog design I would have to point you towards Christina. She is the one responsible for the great design.

    ReplyDelete